We’re commencing a second lockdown on Thursday 5 November
The UK government has implemented a new set of measures that will come into effect on Thursday 5 November and will last until Wednesday 2 December. Early years settings can remain open to support working parents or for the purposes of respite care.
Being a nursery practitioner is a rewarding experience. However, COVID-19 prevention measures have brought new guidelines and procedures to the education sector.
The UK government urges educators to prioritise children’s wellbeing in nurseries and early years education settings by implementing strict social distancing and cleaning procedures and minimising physical contact. Guidelines also require nurseries to document all actions in detail.
New COVID-19 measures have created two main challenges:
- Nursery staff face time constraints due to the increased amount of paperwork, logs, and checklists to be filled in every day. In the average nursery, this task can amount to thousands of hours of work every year.
- Social distancing measures interfere with teacher-parent communication.
If you’re wondering how to deliver effective care and education in this new environment, Nursery Story has the answer. We’re a nursery management software company with a simple mission: reduce Covid-related admin work in nurseries settings so you can focus on your job and experience the joy of seeing children develop their skills day by day.
We are an innovative and COVID-19 secure app that prioritises children’s learning and development while complying with health and safety regulations.
Nursery Story is the must-have digital platform for early years educators, and here’s why:
- It’s a time-saving app that cuts down on physical paperwork. You can track and document every activity and Covid-prevention task quickly. You’ll only need a few taps of the screen to log everything from nappy changes, meals, naps, daily progress, etc.
- It’s contactless and paperless, so you can easily follow virus-prevention advice – no need to share logbooks, notebooks, or daily update sheets.
- A one-stop-shop for nursery needs: keep and share school policies, handbooks, and teaching resources in a handy multimedia format.
- Less time doing paperwork means more time doing what you really love: enabling children’s learning process and spending quality time with them.
- The app has been built around EYFS and CoEL frameworks and key areas of learning, playing, and exploring. With Nursery Story, observations are a breeze.
- Keep parents informed in real-time via the instant messaging feature in the parents’ app. No more time-consuming meetings or face-to-face updates!
- Create and digitally share daily reports and image-rich timelines to keep parents in the loop without needing to drop by the school. They won’t miss a moment of their child’s progress.
- Our developers are continually working on the app to add more features, so the software is always compliant as new measures and needs arise.
Prevent local outbreaks with Nursery Story
Outbreak prevention guidelines require nurseries to contact local health authorities whenever they detect two or more confirmed Covid cases within 14 days.
Nurseries staff should also report children and staff absences if they are linked to coronavirus.
Thanks to our new instant messaging feature, Nursery Story is the perfect tool to track attendances and comply with prevention measures. And it’s also the fastest way to contact parents in the event a local outbreak develops.
Enrol your nursery setting for FREE!
At Nursery Story, we want you to experience a new and smooth way of handling admin work amid COVID health & safety implementation.
* For a limited time only and to help nursery businesses get up and running this challenging time, we’re offering FREE subscriptions.
Get access to the full range of useful features of our app. Try it now for free, and you’ll understand why Nursery Story is the best way to embrace technology in early years education.