Fact: parents want constant communication with teachers. One million pictures a day describing their children's "daily story" wouldn't be enough!
Sure, parents don't want to miss a moment. But if you let them have it their way, you'll spend most of the day taking pictures and sending happy emoticons. In theory, it sounds fun, but in practice, teachers don't have time for that.
Parents need to understand that taking hundreds of pictures isn't practical. Teachers are there to do something more important: supporting children, so they feel confident and secure in their learning process.
As a parent myself, I want detailed information about my son's daily activities. I'd like to see what he eats or what he does any minute. But I also know that this won't let teachers focus on what's important: my child's learning process.
I also want more control over procedures. I'll only go to work with peace of mind if I know for a fact that my child's welfare is the nursery's number one priority. More than that, I need to know that they're fully committed to safety and to following Covid guidelines at all times.
At Nursery Story, we understand that communication with parents is vital: it's the best way to keep them engaged and happy. And if you're looking to increase enrolment at your nursery, clear communication is mandatory.
Connecting with parents is always the right choice. But this has to be done effectively.
Here's a list of all the things teachers should communicate to parents every day under normal circumstances:
- Nap times.
- Meals, including details on how much children have eaten.
- Daily reports.
A few times a week:
- A photo of the child engaged in play or learning.
- Observations and comments on overall progress.
And here's the list of what teachers shouldn't do:
- Send 100 pictures.
- Send long and jargon-filled reports.
Here's something else Nursery Story can do for you:
Communicate instantly with parents if an urgent situation develops.
Using the Nursery Story app you can:
- Immediately notify all parents of a Covid outbreak in any given classroom.
- Send an urgent message to individual parents if there's been an accident with their child.
There's so much to learn about communication that we could keep writing about this topic forever. But we won't! The main idea is that nursery staff must communicate clearly and concisely with parents.
And having the right app, your nursery can:
- Instantly communicate with parents if there's an urgent problem, whether it's a Covid outbreak or an issue with a child.
- Make parents feel confident about their choice of nursery. Implementing Nursery Story reassures them that you will communicate clearly.
- And as a nursery owner, you'll have a total peace of mind that your nursery environment is making parents happy through the Nursery Story parents' app.
With Nursery Story, parents will feel confident while at work instead of panicking or being disappointed.
Nursery Story app it's all about increasing parent involvement and children's well-being so crucial in the current COVID situation!
Do you know what parents want from a nursery? Surprise! It's more than knowing that your facility is Covid-safe. We recommend reading our article What do parents want from a nursery?.